Liaison & Mediator Services
- Offer communication services for Indigenous communities, industry proponents or other parties
- Administer contracts, funding arrangements, organize meetings with two or more different parties
Community Engagement & Strategies- Facilitate community engagement sessions with Indigenous communities
-Raised in our respective First Nation community's we understand the socio economic challenges present, AND hold the values shared by the Elders and community members and press forward for those possibilities in the present and in the future.
-Our work begins with the premise that the strength lies with the people and sharing this knowledge with the decision makers and the appropriate agencies.
Indigenous Community Based Research
- Janine acted as a Researcher/Interviewer on various Traditional Use Studies, Specific Claims research, Oral History gathering for Supreme Court readiness, an Aboriginal fishing rights project, and acted as a principal researcher on a First Nations governance manual built with the guidance of the community members. I work to ensure that the community's voice is heard throughout the project/document. Take special care and precaution when working with community members on sensitive issues; regard confidentiality in research for your community or organization.
-Janine wrote an auto ethnographical thesis, "Experiences of Running: One Dakelh Woman's Message of Transformation and Resilience"
Returning to Spirit (RTS) - Reconciliation Workshop Process
Janine is a trainer in the reconciliation process, Returning to Spirit. "I participated in the Returning to Spirit process in 2009 and the process made a difference in my life I became a trainer in 2012."
The RTS process started largely due to the Indian Residential School history that went largely off the historical record until recent years. The workshop is valuable for all Indigenous and non-Indigenous people of Canada and beyond who struggle with reconciling with oneself and reconciling with each other. The teams travel to communities to deliver the foundational workshop that everyone must participate in as a pre requisite for the reconciliation workshop.
1. Take the initial 4 day Indigenous or non Indigenous workshop to uncover what needs reconciling with yourself.
2. Take the 5 day Reconciliation workshop, first 2 days in preparation for the reconciliation workshop. The final 3 days is the reconciliation workshop where both groups do individual, small group and large group exercises.
"Our work goes beyond healing. It provides conditions for transformation and mindfulness in all relationships. All Canadians are invited to engage and help us as a nation to move forward more powerfully to hope, possibility and choice for the next generation." For more information www.returningtospirit.org
Suicide* Prevention & Postvention Workshops, Empowerment Work, Debriefing & Critical Incident response counselling, or one on one therapeutic counselling through an Indigenous culturally informed lens.
- Workshops and circles to guide groups or communities to see beyond the pain and move forward in transformation.
- One on one counselling services delivered through a host community.